The Australasian Housing Institute is the professional body for everyone who works in social housing. The AHI unites and supports a vibrant and self confident social housing profession across New Zealand and Australia. There are approximately 11,000 people working in paid and voluntary positions in public, community, Indigenous and supported housing services and in tenancy advice.
The Australasian Housing Institute today:
- has a diverse membership of more than 400 individuals;
- has active branches around Australia and New Zealand linking and supporting people locally;
- provides training and other professional development opportunities for more than 1400 housing professionals every year;
- provides Certified Housing Professional (CHP) accreditation awarded to housing professionals who have demonstrated a commitment to their profession and continuing professional development.
- recognises and rewards excellence in professional practice with the Housing Awards;
- issues monthly electronic newsletter for housing professionals HousingPeople and produces the premier journal on social housing matters HousingWorks.
As an AHI member, you will benefit from the opportunities for continuing education and development, from the Professional Development programs available to you and from sharing ideas and knowledge with fellow professionals. Your commitment to the AHI also shows your support of the housing profession, adding to its strength, which benefits us all.