Certified Housing Professional (CHP) is the accreditation awarded to housing professionals who have demonstrated a commitment to their profession and continuing professional development.
Housing professionals know that the field is diverse, complex and constantly moving. We work hard to keep up and keep ahead. That warrants recognition by our employers, partners, clients and the broader community.
CHP accreditation provides the mechanism for identifying highly skilled and ethical housing professionals. CHP accreditation will become the industry benchmark for competency and professionalism in housing. Accreditation provides a clear and tangible signal to the community, government, industry and employers that Certified Housing Professionals are experienced, knowledgeable, and committed to building the profession through industry membership and continuing professional development.
Benefits to becoming a Certified Housing Professional
- Ensures you continually build the knowledge and skills you need to excel in your role, providing increased value to your organisation and your clients
- Shows your commitment to your self-development, your career and to the wider housing industry
- Enables you to evaluate your learning and recognise its real value
- Enables you to plan and achieve your development and career goals
- Provides a competitive edge for employment and advancement opportunities in the housing sector
Levels of Professional Recognition
|LEVEL 1 CERTIFIED HOUSING PROFESSIONAL|
|LEVEL 2 CERTIFIED HOUSING PROFESSIONAL|
|LEVEL 3 CERTIFIED HOUSING PROFESSIONAL|
|LIFE MEMBER & PATRON|
* For CPD points to be classified 'current' they must be logged via the member's online CPD Diary, verified by the AHI and unexpired. Click here to learn more about CPD and points expiry timeframes.
How to Become a Certified Housing Professional
You must be a current AHI member to apply to be accredited as a Certified Housing Professional.
Please follow these simple steps to apply:
1. Login to AHI website:
- Use Member Login button top right
- Username is your email address
- If you do not know your password, use the ‘request new password’ link
2. Create your CHP Accreditation application:
- Navigate to: My Portal > My Content > CPD Diary>Additional Profile Information>Create CHP Accreditation
- Follow online instructions to record industry experience and highest industry related qualification
3. Update your CPD diary:
- Navigate to: My Portal > My Content > CPD Diary
- Learn more about updating your CPD diary