The Australasian Housing Institute Awards provide an opportunity to showcase social housing success stories. The Awards formally recognise and reward excellence in professional practice, from the grass roots to the most senior levels. They promote to our colleagues and the community at large the difference that social housing professionals make to people’s lives.
Awards go to housing professionals who are judged to have made a significant and lasting difference: to tenants or service users, to their community, to their colleagues and to their profession. The Awards recognise the contributions and achievements of our colleagues in the many disciplines which make up the housing profession.
The Institute has run an awards program since 2004. This program has become increasingly popular with members and other housing professionals. In 2017 the Institute received the record number of nominations - 142 entries from all over Australia and New Zealand.
Nominations are now open!
2019 Awards Program Timeline
- June 1 - July 15 2018 - Call for judges and sponsors
- October 2018 - Award nominations open
- January 2019 - Award nominations close
- February 2018 - July 2019 - Awards judging and jurisdictions awards receptions
- 27 August 2019, Darwin - Australasian Awards reception
2019 Award Categories
The 2019 AHI Awards Program features eight categories: two individual awards, five team awards and one tenant award.
2019 AHI Awards Sponsorship
Sponsorship options are available for the 2019 AHI Awards Program. By partnering with AHI on the project you will:
- demonstrate your support of the Australasian housing sector
- reach a wide audience of housing leaders and professionals throughout Australia and New Zealand
- enhance long term relationships with your potential customers and partners
- associate your company’s name with the industry success and achievements
- have an opportunity to network face-to-face communication with your clients and stakeholders.
- To reward great work and achievements by individuals and teams
- To recognise best practice and high standards of service
- To promote and celebrate innovation
- To develop and increase the profile of our profession
- To promote the Australasian Housing Institute
Australasian winners are rewarded by:
- Public appreciation and recognition by their peers
- Promotion of their achievements and ideas through AHI publications and networks
- An article on their work in HousingWORKS journal (written by themselves or others)
- An opportunity to further promote and explore their ideas through presentations as part of the AHI seminar and workshop programs
- One year subscription to HousingWORKS for each person who receives an award
- One year free membership of the AHI for the winners of individual awards