The Brighter Future Awards formally recognise and reward excellence in professional practice, from the grass roots to the most senior levels. They promote to our colleagues and the community at large the difference that social housing professionals make to people’s lives.
Awards go to housing professionals who are judged to have made a significant and lasting difference: to tenants or service users, to their community, to their colleagues and to their profession. The Awards recognise the contributions and achievements of our colleagues in the many disciplines which make up the housing profession. The Institute has run an awards program since 2004. This program has become increasingly popular with members and other housing professionals.
2021 Judging Committee
We're delighted to announce the 2021 Ahi Awards Judging Committee! This year, we have received a number of high calibre nominations representing most jurisdictions with balanced sectoral and discipline interests.
We would like to thank all nominess for their wilingness to volunteer their time and share their expertise with the sector. The Program wouldn't exist without you!
|Andrew Denniss SPAHIc (Co-chair) | Business Development Manager, Churches of Christ Housing Services, QLD||Arlene Lewis PAHIc | Operations Manager, Churches of Christ Housing Services, QLD|
|Sean Kelly SPAHIc (Co-chair) | Manager of Housing, Bethanie Housing, WA||Nicholas Loder PAHIc | Senior Project Officer, NSW Land and Housing Corporation|
|Chris Ah Honi PAHIc | Asset Manager, Accessible Properties NZ Ltd||Davina Lomas | General Manager Operations, Mission Australia Housing, NSW|
|Katheryn Atkinson SPAHIc | Project Manager Housing Services, HousingFirst||Carmen Lynskey PAHIc | Manager Social Housing, Christchurch City Council, NZ|
|Kim Bomford | General Manager, Housing Choices Tasmania||Margaret Maljkovic | COO, Link Housing, NSW|
|Francis Brazil SPAHIc | Practice Lead, Community Place and Partnerships, SGCH, NSW||Suzanne Marshall | Manager Housing Services, Westside Housing Association, SA|
|Trish Burden | Community Inclusion Manager, Unity Housing Company, SA||Kathryn Moorey SPAHIc | CEO, Stellar Living, TAS|
|Chris Chaplin MAHI, GAICD | Principal/Consultant, BRG Consulting, QLD||Paula O'Leary | Manager Housing Services, St Vincent de Paul Society, WA|
|Barbara Disley | Group Chief Executive, Emerge Aotearoa, NZ||Kim Sinclair SPAHIc GAICD | CEO, SEARMS Aboriginal Corporation, ACT|
|Ed Farnsworth | Tenancy and Property Officer, Dept Health and Human Services Geelong, VIC||Simon Thorne | Director, Integrated Design Group, NSW|
|Christina Hough SPAHIc | Regional Manager, North Bridge Housing Limited, NSW||Mark Tyndall | Business Manager, Willowdene Constructions Pty Ltd, NSW|
|James King | CEO, Unison Housing, VIC||Patricia Vaz | GM Corporate Services, CHL, VIC|
|Nicola Lemon MAICD | CEO, Hume Community Housing, NSW|
2021 Awards Program Timeline
- January 2021 - Award nominations open
- March 2021- Award nominations close
- March 2021 - July 2021 - Awards judging and jurisdictions awards receptions
- Australasian Awards reception date to be announced soon!
2021 Award Categories
The 2021 AHI Awards Program features eight categories: two individual awards, five team awards and one tenant award.
- Future Leader Award (New)
- Response to COVID19 (New)
- Leading Community Engagement Practice
- Leading Housing Development Project
- Leading Innovation
- Outstanding Achievement
- Tenant Led Initiative
- Inspirational Team Member
- Leading Asset Management
- Excellence in Social Housing
2021 AHI Awards Sponsorship
Sponsorship options are available for the 2021 Brighter Future Awards. By partnering with Ahi on the project, you will:
- demonstrate your support of the Australasian housing sector
- reach a wide audience of housing leaders and professionals throughout Australia and New Zealand
- enhance long term relationships with your potential customers and partners
- associate your company’s name with the industry success and achievements
- have an opportunity to network face-to-face communication with your clients and stakeholders.
Download the sponsors package here
- To reward great work and achievements by individuals and teams
- To recognise best practice and high standards of service
- To promote and celebrate innovation
- To develop and increase the profile of our profession
- To promote the Ahi
Australasian winners are rewarded by:
- Public appreciation and recognition by their peers
- Promotion of their achievements and ideas through Ahi publications and networks
- An article on their work in HousingWORKS journal (written by themselves or others)
- An opportunity to further promote and explore their ideas through presentations as part of the AHI seminar and workshop programs
- One year subscription to HousingWORKS for each person who receives an award
- One year free membership of the AHI for the winners of individual awards