The Australasian Housing Institute Awards provide an opportunity to showcase social housing success stories. The Awards formally recognise and reward excellence in professional practice, from the grass roots to the most senior levels. They promote to our colleagues and the community at large the difference that social housing professionals make to people’s lives.
Awards go to housing professionals who are judged to have made a significant and lasting difference: to tenants or service users, to their community, to their colleagues and to their profession. The Awards recognise the contributions and achievements of our colleagues in the many disciplines which make up the housing profession.
The Institute has run an awards program since 2004. This program has become increasingly popular with members and other housing professionals. In 2017 the Institute received the record number of nominations - 142 entries from all over Australia and New Zealand.
Nominations for the 2019 Awards have now been closed. This year we've recieved a record number of nominations from all jurisdictions. The judging process will start in March 2019. We thank our dedicated judges for their time, effort and dedication. Each nomination for our prestigious Awards provides the opportunity to win at both your local jurisdiction level, as well as on the Australasian Stage in front of your peers at the National Housing Conference in August. The Australasian Award Winners will then be announced at the Awards Gala Dinner on the 27th of August 2019 in Darwin during the National Housing Conference.
The 2019 AHI Awards is currently in full swing, with winners being announced in every state. Local winners will then be entered into the Australasian Awards. The Australasian winners for the 2019 Professional Excellence in Housing Awards will be announced at the Australasian Awards Gala Dinner during the National Housing Conference 2019 on Tuesday, 27 August 2019 in Darwin. Register for the Australasian Awards Gala Dinner here.
To register for your local state reception, choose your state below:
2019 Awards Program Timeline
- June 1 - July 15 2018 - Call for judges and sponsors
- October 2018 - Award nominations open
- 15 February 2019 - Award nominations close
- March 2018 - July 2019 - Awards judging and jurisdictions awards receptions
- 27 August 2019, Darwin - Australasian Awards reception
2019 Award Categories
The 2019 AHI Awards Program features eight categories: two individual awards, five team awards and one tenant award.
2019 Program Sponsors
Award Category Sponsors
|Leading Asset Management||Leading Community Engagement Practice|
|Outstanding Achievement||Excellence in Social Housing|
Awards Reception Sponsors
|VIC and TAS Reception Sponsor||QLD Reception Sponsor||NSW Reception Sponsor||NZ Reception Sponsor|
|SA Reception Sponsor||Australasian Gala Dinner Sponsor|
2019 AHI Awards Sponsorship
Sponsorship options are available for the 2019 AHI Awards Program. By partnering with AHI on the project you will:
- demonstrate your support of the Australasian housing sector
- reach a wide audience of housing leaders and professionals throughout Australia and New Zealand
- enhance long term relationships with your potential customers and partners
- associate your company’s name with the industry success and achievements
- have an opportunity to network face-to-face communication with your clients and stakeholders.
- To reward great work and achievements by individuals and teams
- To recognise best practice and high standards of service
- To promote and celebrate innovation
- To develop and increase the profile of our profession
- To promote the Australasian Housing Institute
Australasian winners are rewarded by:
- Public appreciation and recognition by their peers
- Promotion of their achievements and ideas through AHI publications and networks
- An article on their work in HousingWORKS journal (written by themselves or others)
- An opportunity to further promote and explore their ideas through presentations as part of the AHI seminar and workshop programs
- One year subscription to HousingWORKS for each person who receives an award
- One year free membership of the AHI for the winners of individual awards