Housing First Finland Study Tour 2020
Organised by Members of the NSW Branch Committee of the Australasian Housing Institute (AHI) in partnership with Y-Foundation, our Finnish colleagues, this study tour will provide participants with an unique opportunity examine the most successful model of overcoming long term homelessness - Housing First - on the ground with policy makers and practitioners.
Finland’s Housing First program promotes assisting homeless people to move straight from street sleeping to long term housing with wrap around support services. Both housing design and support services are critically important parts of the model and are a focus of the tour. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join our five day 2020 study tour to see how Finland’s Housing First model operates, examining the successful lessons of the Finnish Housing First program and bringing these learnings to our Australian and New Zealand contexts with a group of housing professionals. Our tour hosts in Finland will be Y-Foundation (Y-Saatio), a Helsinki-based community and homeless housing provider with 17,000 homes under management. They act as the ‘Europe Hub’ for Housing First in the region.
Key booking information
Expressions of interest were collected in October-November 2019. Approved candidates are required to finalise their registration by Friday, 28 February 2020 in order to secure their place in the tour. To finalise the registration, please follow the next steps:
- Register for the tour online, using the Register Attendees button below.
- A separate invoice will be sent to all registrants via email.
- Bookings are confirmed only after a full deposit of $500 is paid.
- Full tour payment of $1,200 is due by Friday 28 February 2020.
- All participants must be a current member of the AHI.
For more information, including tour dates, costs, travel and accommodation arrangements, please download the Tour Booklet.
Certified Housing Professional CPD Points
AHI members will be awarded 80 CPD points for joining the 2020 Study Tour in recognition of Housing First benefits for the housing profession in Australia and New Zealand.
- Cancellations must be received in writing and formally responded to and accepted by the Organisers.
- Once all 14 tour places are filled a wait list will be created. If your online booking is unsuccessful please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waiting list and we will contact you if there is a cancellation.
- If cancellations are notified after close of business 28 March 2020, the tour fee will be nonrefundable.
Attendance of this event will meet the requirements for 80 CPD points under the current AHI Certified Housing Professional program. Click here to read more about the accreditation for housing professionals.