Housing and the NDIS - The role for community housing providers
Community housing providers play a significant role in the intersection of housing and the NDIS, and concrete actions are needed to meet the demand to house people with profound disability to live in the community under the NDIS approach.
This seminar aims to:
- Provide information to the community housing sector on the relationship between the NDIS and housing, the fundamental change to separate housing and support and areas where the sectors intersect;
- Update practitioners on recent changes to SDA, how the market is developing and opportunities for CHPs;
- Inform practitioners in the disability and housing sectors about the Federal Government's commitment to rehouse or reduce the number of younger people living in aged care facilities;
- Bring together the expertise being developed in NSW and around Australia in developing a market in Specialist Disability Accommodation and the response to the Federal Government's pledge to rehouse the younger people with disability living in aged care facilities in NSW; and
- Provide a learning environment where practitioners can share innovative ideas about building SDA in NSW as well as other alternative build forms for addressing the needs of people with housing needs to achieve their NDIA goals.
Who should attend:
This seminar is for housing practitioners (Social, Community and Aboriginal Housing sector & Disability Housing support sector, Developers, NDIS Policy-makers and NDIA planner.
Mike Allen | Independent Housing Advisor and Principal | MRAA Services, formerly Chief Executive at Housing NSW/FACS
Toni McInnes | Director Housing | NDIA
Melanie Southwell | General Manager | Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) Alliance
Robin Zakharov | Senior Policy Advisor| Summer Foundation
Panel Q&A: Consumer Persepctives
Panel Q&A: What actions are needed for NSW to step up in finding and building appropriate housing for people with disability?
Convenor:Anne Bryce | Strategic Lead, Disability Housing | Life Without Barriers
- $540 Non-Member
- $432 Member
To make sure the Membership discount is applied, please log in to the website as a member and click Lookup button at the event registration window. Click 'Request New Password' if you're logging in to the new website for the first time. If you're experiencing any issues with registration, please email email@example.com or call +61 2 6494 7566 for assistance.
Sponsorship packages are available for this professional practice seminar. Sponsorship of the Seminar will enable your businesses to highlight your support of the housing sector, effectively network with the industry leaders and enable the AHI to deliver first-rate events. View the sponsorship brochure here.