Industry Connect: National Crisis and Housing Policy Reform
Why doesn’t housing policy ever change in Australia? There have been a mountain of policy ideas for decades but nothing changes much (or very incrementally).
The AHI Victorian Branch Committee is delighted to invite you to join this virtual event with Terry Burke, Professor of Housing Studies, Swinburne Centre for Urban Transitions, to discuss whether the recent stimulus package will make any real difference.
- Why, despite substantial evidence of housing failure, is there very little policy reform?
- Why can’t we see a policy shift as big as the NDIS occur for housing policy?
- Why, despite great need and an ability to stimulate the economy and generate jobs, can't social housing get greater political take up?
- Will this COVID-19 crisis make any real difference to the future of social housing?
- Terry Burke | Professor of Housing Studies, Swinburne Centre for Urban Transitions
- Jeanette Large | CEO, Women's Property Initiatives
- Donella Roberts | Manager, Learning and Development, Australasian Housing Institute
Who should attend:
Anyone involved or interested in the delivery of social and affordable housing in Australia
- Free for AHI Members
- $30 for non-members