Mental Health First Aid - Online Workshop, 03 December 2020
Become a mental health first aider to support friends, family members, colleagues and others.
About 1 in 5 Australian adults experience a common mental illness each year. Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training will teach you practical skills to support someone with a mental health problem. Make a real difference to people in your community.
MHFA Training Benefits:
- Knowledge. Improves knowledge of mental illnesses, treatments and first aid actions
- Confidence. Increases confidence in providing first aid
- De-stigmatising. Decreases stigmatising attitudes
- Support. Increases the support provided to others
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Recognise common mental health problems
- Provide initial help using a practical, evidence-based Action Plan
- Seek appropriate professional help
- Respond in crisis situations
This is a blended online educational course, consisting of:
- 5-7 hours of self-paced individual e-learning (to be completed prior to the online workshop)
- 2 x 2.5-hour online workshop sessions via Zoom (scheduled on the same day with a 1 hour break in between)
Who should attend:
This course is intended for an adult audience and is focussed on providing first aid assistance to other adults.
- Non-member: $390
- Senior Professional Member: $273
- Professional Member: $292.5
- Member: $312
- Affiliate: $351
Click here to see AHI’s new membership structure and join online.
Presenter: Ian Goodhardt
|Ian is a Principal Master Instructor of the Standard, Youth and Older persons' MHFA courses (which simply means he is one of the most experienced and most active instructors) and has been delivering this training since 2007. He has lectured at most Victorian universities and a number of TAFEs and has delivered the Mental Health First Aid course in organisations as large as Toyota and the Victorian Parliament, and as small as local community organisations, not-for-profits, and many schools. He has extensive experience with local government social services and trained home care workers for Casey, Maroondah, Manningham, Frankston, Glen Eira councils amongst others.|
To make sure the Membership discount is applied, please log in to the website as a member and click Lookup button at the event registration window. If you're experiencing any issues with registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +61 2 6494 7566 for assistance.