Preventing Debt and Recovering Arrears – Online Workshop, 10 June 2020
The COVID-19 crisis and reforms to the RTA bring a whole new set of challenges in terms of preventing rent debt and managing arrears.
As a front line member of staff attempting to collect rent and recover rent arrears or a manager working on new strategies for arrears recovery, this practical workshop will give you the tools to manage your rent accounts effectively and consider ways in which you can encourage your tenants to pay their rent.
Delegates will consider new and innovative ways of preventing rent debt and recovering arrears, alongside best practice from both within and outside the sector to avoid tenants from stepping on the downward escalator towards homelessness.
- The business drivers for maximising income collection
- The likely causes of rent arrears
- Financial inclusion and financial resilience
- The benefits of early intervention
- The importance of good negotiation skills
- Behavioural insights – Nudge Theory
- The factors to consider before proceeding to tribunal
- 1 x 3-hour online workshop session via Zoom
- Online self-study learning content and discussion group
- Downloadable resources
- Attendees will be offered free 30 minutes post course individual telephone/video coaching which can be used to further personalise the learning and build confidence
Who should attend:
- Tenancy and property managers responsible for rent arrears recovery
- Team Leaders responsible for managing front line staff who recover rent debt
- Those responsible for creating policy and procedure
- Non member: $169
- Senior Professional Member: $118
- Professional Member: $127
- Member: $135
- Affiliate: $152
Click here to see AHI’s new membership structure and join online.
Presenter: Joanna Leckie
Jo is an accomplished, enthusiastic and motivational facilitator and public speaker who prides herself on delivering memorable training that translates to the workplace. She utilises accelerated learning techniques to deliver lively, interactive and engaging on-line and in person workshops.
Jo holds an ILM Certificate in Coaching a BSc Honours degree from De Montfort University and a Certificate in Learning and Development.
Having worked in leadership roles for some of the largest social housing providers in the UK and Australia, Jo has a wealth of experience of working remotely and successfully leading remote and dispersed teams.
To make sure the Membership discount is applied, please log in to the website as a member and click Lookup button at the event registration window. If you're experiencing any issues with registration, please email email@example.com or call +61 2 6494 7566 for assistance.