AHI Event Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions
In registering for an event, workshop, seminar, conference, forum or activity hosted by the Australasian Housing Institute (AHI) (the event), delegates and speakers agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. Registration and Payment
- To register for the AHI events, delegates must submit an online registration form on the AHI website and follow any directions set out.
- Upon successful submission of your registration form, a confirmation of registration and tax invoice will be sent to your email address (as set out in your registration form). Please contact the AHI team on +61 2 6494 7566, or email email@example.com if you do not receive a confirmation email.
- You must pay all registration fees, including any late fees, in full to AHI prior to the start of the event. If you do not, you may be refused entry to the event.
- Credit card payments are made directly through the AHI website to ensure your personal details are kept safe. None of your payment details are stored by the Institute.
- Any request to change your registration must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. No such requests can be made over the phone.
- If you would like to transfer your registration to another delegate, you may do so if:
- the substituted delegate is from the same organisation as you; and
- you have notified AHI of the proposed substitution by email at least 3 business days before thte event;
- to use a discounted member event fee, the substituted delegate must be an AHI member. If the substituted delegate is not an AHI member, a difference in price must be paid.
You must at all times comply with:
- these terms and conditions;
- any terms and conditions imposed by the event venue; and
- any reasonable direction given to you by AHI, the venue host, or any of their employees, agents or contractors,
- and AHI reserves the right to immediately terminate the registration of any delegate that it reasonably believes is not complying, or has not complied, with the above terms.
3. Cancellations and Refunds
All cancellations and requests for refunds must be made by email to email@example.com.
Cancellations of individual registrations made:
- two weeks prior to the event will receive a 50% refund of their registration fees;
- less than two weeks prior to the event no refund will be provided.
Photography and Recording
By registering to the AHI event, you irrevocably authorise and grant AHI the right to:
- record you (picture and voice) on photographs, film and/or video tape, for audio and visual production.
- edit the Recording into a photo gallery / short film / webinar (which may include other recordings and material);
- screen or place online (including on social media) the Recording.
You also release AHI from any infringement or violation of personal and / or property rights of any sort whatsoever based upon the use of the Recording. You acknowledge that AHI owns and shall own all rights, title and interest (including copyright) in the Recording.
While under no obligation to do so, AHI will consider any reasonable request not to use or to stop using a particular Recording. Such requests should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not wish to grant AHI these rights, please contact AHI via email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the event.
You agree that AHI is not liable to you for any loss, damage, injury or any incidental, indirect, special, consequential or economic loss or damage (including loss of opportunity, exemplary or punitive damages) whether to person or property and whether arising from default, negligence, misconduct or otherwise by AHI, its employees, agents or contractors in connection with the AHI event.
You agree to indemnify AHI against liability for, or in respect of, any claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses, losses and damages arising out of or in connection with or as a consequence of any of your acts or omissions in connection with the AHI event that breach these terms and conditions.