Dealing with Complex and Difficult Clients - Online Workshop, 01 September 2020
The Dealing with Complex and Difficult Clients online workshop aims to assist people in delivering client services to those whose situations are complex and whose behaviour is, at times, demanding and challenging. It will enable attendees to better understand the psychology of difficult people and assist in developing strategies and communication skills to deal more effectively in such client situations.
- Understanding Difficult People
- The psychology of difficult clients
- Your client’s expectations – how do you rate?
- The importance of setting explicit expectations and managing unrealistic expectations
- Getting the 1st impression right (face to face/on the phone)
- How to show initiative and be pro-active
- The importance of follow-up and keeping clients informed
- Why are clients difficult? Who is most at risk?
- Overcoming barriers to communication
- Understanding enquiries explicitly before answering them
- What to do when people are on drugs or not making sense
- Giving clear information and explanations
- How to say ‘No’ while maintaining a positive relationship
- Appropriate assertiveness – giving feedback
- Dealing with Challenging Situations and Clients
- Recognising the warning signs
- Managing stress and pressure
- Emotion vs. logic – why people don’t listen
- Coping with over-sensitivity
- Conflict Resolution – getting to a ‘win-win’ outcome
- Negotiating the solution process
- Separating the person from the problem
- Abusive or threatening clients – what to say and what not to say
- Keeping yourself safe – what are the boundaries and what should you do?
- When to escalate – using a team approach
- Not taking conflict personally – learning to let it go
- 3-hour interactive Zoom workshop – join details provided upon registration
- Participants will require access to PC/Laptop with speakers, microphone and webcam
- Non member: $250
- Senior Professional Member: $175
- Professional Member: $187
- Member: $200
- Affiliate: $225
Click here to see AHI’s new membership structure and join online.
Presenter: Scott Henderson
Scott is a registered psychologist with a solid background as an educator. He has worked as a lecturer in psychology, behavioural science and research at the Universities of Sydney and Western Sydney. Lecturing for 6 years at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, Scott specialised in the disciplines of health and social psychology. His expertise includes such areas as leadership, teams and group dynamics, communication and body language, persuasion techniques, stress, and workplace satisfaction.
Since 1999, his work in the corporate sector has spanned the spectrum from industrial psychologist to corporate trainer. In 2004 he became a certified Master Coach in Behavioural Coaching and continues to coach both individuals and teams at all levels within the companies with which he works.