HousingWORKS is the premier journal on social housing matters in Australia and New Zealand. It provides relevant and topical information to those working in the social housing sector - in the government, community and academic sectors. HousingWORKS is published four times a year, and provides topical, relevant and interesting articles on issues and events of direct interest to those working in, or have an interest in the social housing sector.
Through HousingWORKS we aim to:
- communicate issues and developments in social housing
- highlight practice and professional development issues and promote understanding and discussion of these issues
- assist readers and AHI members to improve their knowledge of key issues in social housing research, policy and practice
- reflect on experiences and practice in social housing
- provide a range of viewpoints on key issues in social housing. From the perspectives of professionals in public, community sectors and academics
- highlight the diversity of people and skills working across social housing
- promote an informed view of the social housing profession and the services provided
- contribute to a wider knowledge of policy and practice developments in social housing across Australia and New Zealand.
HousingWORKS is free to members of the AHI, with subscriptions being available to non-members of the AHI.
Call for Contributions
HousingWORKS June/July 2019: Housing in New Zealand
The Australasian Housing Institute is starting to work on the June / July 2019 edition of the HousingWORKS, which will focus on issues of social housing in New Zealand. We welcome stories from housing providers, social services organisations, from tenants and related service providers.
Please remember, you do not need to be a professional writer to publish interesting and valuable work, we can assist you with editing your article for publication; but your ideas and knowledge are uniquely yours. However, we reserve the right to edit, revise and condense contributions and to determine the placement and titling of the article. These decisions will, as far as possible, be taken in consultation with the author.
SHARE YOUR VIEWS BY COB MONDAY, 17 JUNE 2019
Contribute to HousingWORKS regular columns
Too busy to write a full article? We understand, but you can still make a valuable contribution to HousingWORKS by writing a piece for one of the following sections:
- Vox Pop Section. This edition we’re asking the question: “What are the unique housing issues presently being faced by New Zealanders?". Please send a short (150-200 words) opinion piece to email@example.com for the chance to be featured in our leading journal.
- Dear HousingWORKS: Readers’ Point of View. Thoughts on previous editions of the journal? Send the editor your feedback by completing the ongoing HousingWORKS review survey – take the survey here. Your comments may be shared in the next edition of the journal under the Dear HousingWORKS: Readers’ Point of View section.
- Social Housing Update. This column offers social housing providers and relevant businesses the platform to share brief (up to 250 words) company news updates and announcements.
How to submit
Free submissions. Company updates featuring newsworthy items for the social housing sector will be published for free. While we can’t guarantee publication, we do our best to include items of genuine interest for our readership. Free company announcements can include: innovative projects, big social initiatives, large scale stock transfers, new providers launched or new tenders awarded. To demonstrate industry newsworthiness, we advise you to include a broader context to the announcement.
Advertorial submissions. If you would like to submit an announcement about upcoming events, staff appointments, office relocations or new services for social housing providers, please consider a low-cost ‘advertorial’ space. These submissions cost $300. Advertorial space includes your company logo and contact details. Advertorial submissions are FREE for AHI Corporate Supporters and Members.
How to submit. Please send your submisison by email for consideration by the AHI editorial team. Submissions should not exceed 250 words and should be submitted within general publication deadlines. We reserve the right to edit, revise and condense free contributions and to determine the placement and title of the announcement as per the general HousingWORKS Contributors' Guide.
Deadline: All contributions must be submitted by COB Monday, 17 June 2019.
Submissions: All contributions should be submitted as Word Doc attachments in an email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions: If you have any questions about contributing to this edition please refer to our detailed Contributors' Guide.
Contact: Kelly Badewitz, Executive Officer, Australasian Housing Institute (email@example.com, 02 6494 7566, 0427 952 690).
Advertise your business
HousingWORKS offers a variety of advertising opportunities. The journal is the most efficient and effective media to deliver your key messages right to your target audience. Our readers form a broad cross-section of the housing profession: policy and decision makers and government leaders in the growing community housing sphere; finance and property professionals in the private, public and community sectors; housing service delivery practitioners – executives through to frontline staff; Indigenous housing and community organisations; supported housing services; tenancy advice; working with the homeless; academics; and tenants of social housing organisations. Our rates start just from just $380 with significant discounts for the annual advertising package.
Review a previous HousingWORKS edition
This ongoing review survey is designed for AHI members and subscribers to provide feedback on HousingWORKS editions. You may choose to review each edition as they become available.
AHI members may claim 10 CPD points for each HousingWORKS review to assist in meeting the continuing professional development requirements for Certified Housing Professional accreditation.